Welcome to the home page of the Rutgers/New Jersey Geological and Water Survey Core Repository. We are an official repository of the International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP), hosting Legs 150X and 174AX onshore cores drilled as part of the NJ/Mid-Atlantic Transect, and the New Jersey Geological and Water Survey (NJGWS). Cores from other ODP/IODP repositories are available through ODP.
In addition to ODP/IODP cores, we are the repository for:
- 1.) 6668 m of Newark Basin Drilling Project Triassic cores (e.g., Olsen, Kent, et al. 1996)
- 2.) 5182 m of the Army Corps of Engineers Passaic Tunnel Project Jurassic cores
- 3.) 457 m of post-impact cores from the Chesapeake Bay Impact Structure Deep Hole
- 4.) Cores obtained from the Northern North Atlantic as part of the IODP Expedition 303/306
- 5.) Cores from various rift and drift basins on the eastern and Gulf Coasts of the U.S.
- 6.) Geological samples from the New Jersey Geological and Water Survey (NJGWS) and United States Geological Survey (USGS) including 304 m of continuous NJGWS/USGS NJ coastal plain cores.
re3data.org: Rutgers/New Jersey Geological and Water Survey Core Repository;
editing status 2018-01-12;
re3data.org - Registry of Research Data Repositories. http://doi.org/10.17616/R3RK8H
last accessed: 2020-08-12